Off the top of my head I can think of several celebrities from Oak Park and movies that have been filmed here. Can you think of any? Do you have any stories to tell? Did you get a high five from Matt Damen at the FLW home & studio? Did you try to go swimming when they were filming BackDraft at Rehm Pool? Did you see Frasier's dad walking his dog?

Here are some celebrities I can think of:
-Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio
(Maid Marian in Robin Hood Prince of Thieves & Gina Montana in Scarface)
-John Mahoney (Martin Crane on Frasier)
-Kathy Griffin (Comedian)
-Dan Castalenetta (The voice of Homer Simpson)

Movies (at least partially) filmed in the area:
-Home Alone
-One of the Oceans movies
-BackDraft
-Rookie of the Year

I don't really have celebrity stories in Oak Park. Although one time I thought I saw Vince Vaughn walking into Giordanno's.

Views: 2782

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Did you know Betty White is an Oak Park native? I would love to interview her about what growing up in Oak Park was like in the 20's and 30's! She's hosting Saturday Night Live this Saturday for Mother's Day. How cool is that? She's the oldest person to ever host at 88 years old!
Betty White didn't grow up here, here family moved to LA when she was still a baby.
Archer Prewitt, musician in defunct The Coctails and now The Sea and Cake, and artist of Sof' Boy comics has a P.O. Box in Oak Park. Does that mean he lives in Oak Park?
I'm not sure Archer is still in town - Used to see him all the time, but I haven't seen him in a couple of years. However, Simon Lamb, who just played his last gig with Screeching Weasel lives right here in the Arts District - will report on his upcoming musical ventures soon

Jane Hseu said:
Archer Prewitt, musician in defunct The Coctails and now The Sea and Cake, and artist of Sof' Boy comics has a P.O. Box in Oak Park. Does that mean he lives in Oak Park?
Johnny Galecki? Cool! I love The Big Bang Theory.

Another one: Ludacris! He was "discovered" in Atlanta, but he lived in OP for his early childhood and went to OPRF for a year or two before his family moved.

I don't know if John Mahoney still lives here, but he did as of a few years ago--he lived on my friend's block and she periodically would nearly run the poor man over on her dash to the train. :)
Thanks for keeping us updated on the cool musicians in town, Val, both in person and recorded in your record store!

Val Camilletti said:
I'm not sure Archer is still in town - Used to see him all the time, but I haven't seen him in a couple of years. However, Simon Lamb, who just played his last gig with Screeching Weasel lives right here in the Arts District - will report on his upcoming musical ventures soon

Jane Hseu said:
Hey guys, thought you might be interested in this upcoming "Hometown Legends" trolley tour coming up June 27.

RSS

Advertisements

Promote Your Local Business

You too can advertise on Live Here Oak Park. Contact us for details or visit our advertising page.

Become a fan or a follower

Or find us on Facebook.

Subscribe Via RSS

Add Live Here Oak Park to your RSS reader.

Get Live Here Oak Park delivered via e-mail!

There are three different types of feeds available for e-mail delivery. Subscribe to one or all three so you never miss a thing on Live Here Oak Park.

Blog posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Discussion forum

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent activity feed

Delivered by FeedBurner

© 2014   Created by Becca.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service