Hey everyone! Thanks again for joining the site. There's so much to discuss about life in and around Oak Park, you're probably wondering where to begin! This is one place where you can get started. Feel free say hello here and introduce yourself to the other members.

Tags: Oak Park

Views: 1047

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just found this site today--kudos for a great idea! :)

I'm a long-time resident of OP, but travel a lot for work. Hard to feel connected when I'm out of state/country so much. I hope to get the inside scoop on events going on when I'm back in the area (lobster mania at Poor Phil's? YUM!).

-Anne

Hi Anne, you've come to the right place. Thanks for saying hello!

Anne said:

Just found this site today--kudos for a great idea! :)

I'm a long-time resident of OP, but travel a lot for work. Hard to feel connected when I'm out of state/country so much. I hope to get the inside scoop on events going on when I'm back in the area (lobster mania at Poor Phil's? YUM!).

-Anne

Hi R! Welcome. We're glad to have you. Has Oak Park changed much since you moved away?

R Johnson said:
Hi everyone, My name is Rhonda and I recently moved back to Oak Park after having moved 8 years ago.  I decided to move back to be closer to work (downtown Chicago).  I have two adult daughters, one who just graduated from the University of IL and currently doing an internship in South Carolina.  My other daughter is studying nursing and then there's my 8 year old, 2nd grade.  Thank you for having me!

Hi my name is Anne and I have been living in Oak Park for about 10 years.  I love it here-  my boys go to school at Longfellow and they are doing great.  Thanks for starting the community _ I always like to connect to out neighbors.

anne

Hey Kia, thanks for joining and saying hello. Hopefully you guys can make it to one of our meetups in the future. I try to have them every few months when I can get my act together!

Hey all!

My husband and I recently moved to Oak Park about a month ago. We absolutely love it here. Easy access to transportation downtown is incredible!  Glad I ran across this site! We've checked out a lot of things mentioned on LiveHere and can't wait to explore more!

-Katie

Welcome, Katie. Glad to hear you're loving Oak Park so far!
I'll bite...my name is Rani; and my daughters and I have lived in Oak Park for almost 10 years, having moved straight from Louisiana to Oak Park.  I have a 5th grader at a local elementary school and a 3 year old at a local preschool.  We lived off Oak Park Avenue near downtown for the majority of this time; having moved to South Oak Park just this summer...which we LOVE.  I love Oak Park, and so do my daughters...my oldest has been here since she was a year old and she can't imagine living anywhere else or moving away from her friends and lifestyle.  I love it so much here, I encourage all my friends with kids to move here and enjoy not having to worry about getting their kids in a magnet school, or any of the other trials and tribulations that come with city dwelling :)  I really think OP is the best place, hands down, to raise children.  Nice e-meeting you all.
Welcome to the site! We just moved to Oak Park this summer and it's nice to hear how much you love it.
Hi there! I'm Elijah. I'm new to Oak Park (about three months?) and actually to the U.S.A., so I'm still adjusting. Everything is nice here in Oak Park! People are kind and courteous, and I feel safe walking around downtown. I'm a big Bears fan and I'm planning on studying around the area. Thank you for having me!
Hi Elijah, thanks for saying hello. Hopefully you're adjusting to Oak Park. It's a great place to live!

Hi! I'm Allison! My husband, kids and I just moved here about a month ago.  Got the kids registered in school and have sifted through the majority of the boxes.  So far - so great!  We're enjoying OP.

I know there's a Newcomer's Club - we're looking for ways to meet new people. Our kids are middle-school aged so it's not as easy to connect with people - like when you take the babies to the playground.  Ideas?

RSS

Advertisements

Promote Your Local Business

You too can advertise on Live Here Oak Park. Contact us for details or visit our advertising page.

Become a fan or a follower

Or find us on Facebook.

Subscribe Via RSS

Add Live Here Oak Park to your RSS reader.

Get Live Here Oak Park delivered via e-mail!

There are three different types of feeds available for e-mail delivery. Subscribe to one or all three so you never miss a thing on Live Here Oak Park.

Blog posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Discussion forum

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent activity feed

Delivered by FeedBurner

© 2014   Created by Becca.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service