Hey everyone! Thanks again for joining the site. There's so much to discuss about life in and around Oak Park, you're probably wondering where to begin! This is one place where you can get started. Feel free say hello here and introduce yourself to the other members.

Tags: Oak Park

Views: 1081

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone. My name is Elizabeth and I've lived in Oak Park with my husband Ralph for about 2 years. Before Oak Park, we lived in New Zealand (where he is from). We love Oak Park because it's so close to the city but truly is a small community of it's own.

I work in a marketing agency by day and do marketing for our company, ENRG Fitness Chicago, by night. Our company is new to Oak Park - we offer in-home personal training and team training. Send me a message or check out the website if you're interested in learning more. www.enrgfitnesschicago.com.
Hi all. I'm Jessie, a student at Dominican and intern at the CarefulPeach Boutique on Harrison. I'm about to start my fourth (and final!) year at Dominican and have spent a good chunk of my time up here in and around the Oak Park area. I love the proximity to the city and the availability of public transportation. The longer I'm up here, the more I see how much there is to do in the area! This is my first summer in the area, so I've been trying to enjoy all the perks.
The CarefulPeach has been around for about five years now, and we're happily housed the the Arts District on Harrison Street. We offer a unique assortment of new, vintage, and antique items for the house and body, from imported French soaps, bath products and table linens to beautiful tableware to antique, recycled, and local jewelry and oh so much more. We're always changing and have an ever-growing assortment of items for entertaining and just enjoying life. Check us out online at www.carefulpeach.com or visit us in person at 128 Harrison Street if you want to know more! We're excited to get involved in this online community and hope to learn a lot more about Oak Park through it!!
Hi Elizabeth, Erin and Jessie! Welcome and thanks for introducing yourselves.
Hello everyone..My name is Alan Gorstein, and I have owned and operated Al-Mart Furniture and Bedding here in Oak Park for 19 years. I provide a wide selection of home furnishings and mattresses at the most competitive prices in Chicagoland. We carry furniture for every room in your home, and also carry the Tempur-pedic line of Swedish foam mattresses and pillows. Feel free to stop by the store any time for a very friendly and casual buying experience. Enjoy some satellite radio and a fresh brewed cup of cappuccino while you peruse our showroom and catalogs for just the right pieces for your home. You can reach me at the store..(708)383-5909, 7045 W. North Ave. or check out our website at www.almartfurniture.com. The site is live now, but only has a small sample of the vast selection we offer.

I love operating a business in Oak Park for a variety of reasons, but the most important one for me is the loyal community I have been taken into. It's the people, you know. I don't live here in the village, but I feel like I do because I spend the majority of my waking hours here, and I have grown to have numerous friends and business associates here. I am an active member of the OPRF Chamber of Commerce, which is a thriving Chamber and adds a lot to the community. I am also a member of the North Ave. Business Association. I feel it is very important to give back to the community that has given me so much. I love the sense that the people in Oak Park have of wanting to be better than the status quo, and this has always been in my mission statement. I can appreciate the high level of activism within the community. Even though you might not agree with neighbors on certain issues, it shows that people are very passionate in wanting to make this place better for families and businesses.

Looking forward to many more years in the village and meeting many of you within this online community.

Thanks!
Attachments:
I guess I should have introduced myself before jumping in and posting, but I like doing things out of order. :)
Hi everyone! My name is Megan and I just moved to OP about a month ago. I'm 25, with no pets, no kids, no spouse. I work for a school in IN, with the admission office. I work regionally, and could have lived anywhere, as I work out of my home. but I LOVED OP! I feel like I looked EVERYWHERE, in the city, the burbs, you name it I probably checked it out. But I fell in love with Oak Park-the architecture, the cute downtown, how friendly people seemed, and how community oriented it was. I've loved living here so far, and I'm hoping to find ways to get more involved.

I'm so glad I found this website-its so helpful as I learn more about my new city!
Welcome Megan! I think the majority of us are Oak Park newbies.

Megan said:
I guess I should have introduced myself before jumping in and posting, but I like doing things out of order. :)
Hi everyone! My name is Megan and I just moved to OP about a month ago. I'm 25, with no pets, no kids, no spouse. I work for a school in IN, with the admission office. I work regionally, and could have lived anywhere, as I work out of my home. but I LOVED OP! I feel like I looked EVERYWHERE, in the city, the burbs, you name it I probably checked it out. But I fell in love with Oak Park-the architecture, the cute downtown, how friendly people seemed, and how community oriented it was. I've loved living here so far, and I'm hoping to find ways to get more involved.

I'm so glad I found this website-its so helpful as I learn more about my new city!
Hi! My name is Yasmeen and I moved back to OP 4.5 years ago. I also lived here until I was 8 and always had such fond memories of it so when we explored leaving Lincoln Park, this is where I wanted to live. My husband, Brad is a treasury analyst by day, opera singer by night. I am a Web (and eMarketing) Manager. We live with our pack of rescue animals and love going out locally to eat, play tennis, take cooking lessons (Flavour, of course), going to the Farmer's Market, and tending to our garden. I'm excited to watch OP continue to grow and evolve. I couldn't be happier living here - it's exactly where we want to be. :-)
Hi I'm Anne, recently moved to Oak Park from the city (although I've only been in the city for about 3 years... moved from Abq, NM). I'm a single mom of 2 kids, my oldest just started high school at OPRFHS. I am VERY happy with my decision to move here, so far I love it! I am looking forward to meeting more people and learning more about the community. Cheers!
Welcome again, Yasmeen! You'll find a few fellow tennis players here (Brian Plain and Elizabeth Griffiths) so hopefully you guys can have some Oak Park tennis talk. I love the Flavour cooking classes. I need to see what's on the schedule this fall!

Yasmeen said:
Hi! My name is Yasmeen and I moved back to OP 4.5 years ago. I also lived here until I was 8 and always had such fond memories of it so when we explored leaving Lincoln Park, this is where I wanted to live. My husband, Brad is a treasury analyst by day, opera singer by night. I am a Web (and eMarketing) Manager. We live with our pack of rescue animals and love going out locally to eat, play tennis, take cooking lessons (Flavour, of course), going to the Farmer's Market, and tending to our garden. I'm excited to watch OP continue to grow and evolve. I couldn't be happier living here - it's exactly where we want to be. :-)
Welcome, Anne. Glad to hear you're liking Oak Park so far. Most of us on this Web site are relatively new to the area (brand new to 4 or 5 years) but we also have a few long-time residents too so you've come to the right place to meet some great folks in the area. Looking forward to chatting with you.

Anne said:
Hi I'm Anne, recently moved to Oak Park from the city (although I've only been in the city for about 3 years... moved from Abq, NM). I'm a single mom of 2 kids, my oldest just started high school at OPRFHS. I am VERY happy with my decision to move here, so far I love it! I am looking forward to meeting more people and learning more about the community. Cheers!
Hi everyone, I'm Laurie. I grew up in the western 'burbs and attended college at Dominican, where I fell in love with the Oak Park area. After a brief stint in medical school, I realized my passion for real estate and have been pursuing it ever since. I work with buyers, sellers, landlords, and renters in the Chicagoland area. I love finding new ways to connect to my community - looking forward to meeting all of you!
Hi there!

I never introduced myself either! So hear goes nothin':

I moved to Oak Park four years ago in an effort to create a strong community experience as I was a single mother of two children. At the time I commuted to Bank of America downtown which made for an easy to and from.

I have since resigned from Bank of America, work from home, married an INCREDIBLE man, had a third child and bought an AWESOME house. My life has been totally transformed in the last two years.

I am so grateful to live in Oak Park. I don't know that there is a better community on the planet!!!

Lola

Laurie Christofano said:
Hi everyone, I'm Laurie. I grew up in the western 'burbs and attended college at Dominican, where I fell in love with the Oak Park area. After a brief stint in medical school, I realized my passion for real estate and have been pursuing it ever since. I work with buyers, sellers, landlords, and renters in the Chicagoland area. I love finding new ways to connect to my community - looking forward to meeting all of you!

RSS

Advertisements

Promote Your Local Business

You too can advertise on Live Here Oak Park. Contact us for details or visit our advertising page.

Become a fan or a follower

Or find us on Facebook.

Subscribe Via RSS

Add Live Here Oak Park to your RSS reader.

Get Live Here Oak Park delivered via e-mail!

There are three different types of feeds available for e-mail delivery. Subscribe to one or all three so you never miss a thing on Live Here Oak Park.

Blog posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Discussion forum

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent activity feed

Delivered by FeedBurner

© 2014   Created by Becca.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service