Hello everyone!

Our family will be relocating from California to Oak Park mid-November. Our twins will turn 3 in February and have been attending an in-home daycare.

We will be checking out the daycare at Dominican next week and are looking for other recommendations for full time care.

Please let me know if your kids attend a place that they love.

Thanks so much,

Nicole

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the Oak Park River Forest Day Nursery.   My son turns 3 in two weeks - it's why we are there. They start at 2.5 yrs.  Have to be potty trained.   I have been extremely happy there.  My son has been extremely happy there.  It has a HUGE backyard.  And an indoor room for gross motor play.     

But there are a lot of fantastic places in Oak Park.  

Did you already peruse the online edition of the Collaboration for Early Childhood? www.collab4kids.org

And then make sure you mark the parenthesis fair on your calendar.  It's close enough to your moving that if you wanted to make a change in daycare - it's a good op. to shop.   It's usually in early January.  

Thank you! Potty training has been hit and miss for the past 7 months, and I imagine the move isn't going to make things any easier. I'll definitely check out the website and the parenthesis fair!
My kids, ages 4 and 2, started at Blocks 24 Hour Child Care this fall, and we've been very happy there. They usually have a waiting list, and we find it quite expensive, but it's worth checking out.
thanks, Jane!

Hi Nicole-

I can't speak highly enough about Dominican's program, our daughter absolutely loved it.  The school, teachers, and curriculum are excellent!  

Concordia (in River Forest as well) also has a childcare program and I have heard from other OP parents that this is an excellent program as well. 

Welcome and good luck with your search.

Greg was in town last week and toured Dominican. We put in our application today. Fingers crossed!

Nicole-

We are in a similar position but with 1 child on the way. Do you have any idea how much the cost is for full time day care in the area? Please let me know your recommendations and what you've found!

Thanks so much!

Congrats on the new baby! Dominican's rates can be found at http://www.dom.edu/goedert/programs.html. We found their prices to be in parallel with other similar programs. The twins have been there about 2 1/2 weeks and are loving it.

Thank you so much!  I appreciate that so much:)

RSS

Advertisements

Promote Your Local Business

You too can advertise on Live Here Oak Park. Contact us for details or visit our advertising page.

Become a fan or a follower

Or find us on Facebook.

Subscribe Via RSS

Add Live Here Oak Park to your RSS reader.

Get Live Here Oak Park delivered via e-mail!

There are three different types of feeds available for e-mail delivery. Subscribe to one or all three so you never miss a thing on Live Here Oak Park.

Blog posts

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Discussion forum

Delivered by FeedBurner

Recent activity feed

Delivered by FeedBurner

© 2014   Created by Becca.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service